Monday, July 16, 2007

Ocaso Épico-Muito Obrigado,LP,1988,Portugal




Ocaso Épico released one album - 'Muito Obrigado' - in 1988 and was ready to record its second one some years later when band leader and menthor Farinha Master died unexpectedly, putting a premature end to the project. The remaining members scattered and José Paulo Andrade begins learning and exploring new tools, mainly software based ones. Pedro Leitão
A great electronic /experimental yet urban folk LP that will for sure appeal to all fans of weird music over there.

***************NEW LINK POSTED SEPTEMBER 2012***************

Get it here  

4 comments:

swishyhair said...

On a trip to the Algarve in 1989, a Portuguese friend showed me some of his favourite bands. Out of curiosity, I bought "Muito Obrigado" and found it a great listen, traditionally Portuguese and yet thoroughly modern. I'm saddened to hear that Farinha Master died so soon afterwards (and annoyed that my friend never told me). Now I've got my USB turntable I may dig this album out tonight and commit it to MP3.

swishyhair said...

An update: I said I was annoyed my friend hadn't told me Farinha Master had died - well, he didn't tell me because he didn't know!

Anonymous said...

I've been searching for this Lp for a long time thanks a lot, if you wish you c an watch this amazing clip in youtube of Ocaso Épico performing for national television and witness the genious of Farinha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXh3aCq4i6w

Estereopositivo said...

I have a copie of the original "muito obrigado", released in 1988 by Transmédia, in Mint Conditions. If there's any interess please contact me at rafael.amorim@iol.pt